Friday, April 13, 2012


Sketchbook Friday, Eddie and Violet - coloured pencil sketch

Here is another Sketchbook Friday drawing. These two are characters I made for the kids of their aquatic pets. For Valentine's day we got them a little jar with each a Marimo ball in it. For those of you who don't know what a Marimo ball is, it's a kind of algae that grows in lakes into a velvety ball. The kids want a fish aquarium so badly, but they are still little, and I know the work would fall to me, and I just don't have the time right now. So this is the substitute for the time being and the kids LOVE them! You would be surprised to see the amount of stories my 5 year old has written about these little guy's adventures. Who knew two little green balls of algae could be so much fun!


If you want to check out the Marimo balls, there is a good Etsy store called eGardenStudio, where I purchased mine, check them out, they have lovely ideas for unique gifts!


Celeste xo

1 comment:

Petra said...

I never heard of them, but they look cute, I understand why they would like 'm! Nice illustration!